Donna Sadzius – Homeopath | Bowen Therapist complies with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Bill 2012 amending the Privacy Act 1988(Cth).
This policy is in addition to Donna Sadzius – Homeopath | Bowen Therapists’ Terms & Conditions governing the website and should be read in conjunction with the Terms & Conditions. Donna Sadzius – Homeopath | Bowen Therapist recognises that your privacy is very important to you and that you have a right to control your personal information. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously.
How different types of personal information are collected?
The personal information that we collect could include your name, age, gender, your physical address, postal address, telephone numbers and your email address. In some circumstances, a failure to provide such information could result in us being unable to assist you or provide our products or services to you.
We primarily collect information about you when you use or request a product or service, complete a survey, questionnaire or when you communicate with us by email, telephone, in writing or in person.
We will only collect information about an individual for purposes which are relevant to our business. For example, we may collect an individual’s name, contact information and other details relevant to our business relationship with that person. In some cases, we may also be required by law to collect personal information, for example, occupational health and safety laws. This information may be required to respect an individual’s request or provide our services.
In some instances if all necessary personal information is not provided, we may be unable to assess or process your information or provide you with the products or services you require.
We may also collect anonymous information regarding visitors to our website. This may include Internet Protocol (IP) address, previous sites visited, internet provider location and date and time of the visit.
We may collect sensitive information, such as health information when it relates to the provision of a good or service or its evaluation. We will only collect this information with your consent or otherwise in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles 1993.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
It is important to know that by using our website:
- You agree that if you submit your personal information to us, we may create a database record about you.
- To receive our website services, you agree that we may collect information from you and from your use of our website, and you agree that this information may be disclosed to our service providers.
- You agree that we may contact you with information about products, special offers and updates (unless you have stated that you do not wish to receive these communications).
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products or services to you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about our products or services and/or special offers, and general health advice where appropriate;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you;
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country);
- to ask you for your opinion or comments about our products and/or services;
- to promote our products, services and offers to you through a range of mediums, including but not limited to email, social media and third party online advertising on websites such as Facebook, Instagram and Google;
- to collect statistical data for marketing analysis; and
- to protect the rights, goodwill or property of healing From Within.
Services which may be accessed by telephone or by mail include:
- Information on health conditions and products brought to you by the Healing From Within brands.
- Retail enquiries. Consumers can contact our Product Advisory Line (0403 011 502) which provides personalised advice on our range of products.
Cookies in and of themselves do not personally identify users, although they do identify a user’s browser. The cookies simply operate as a unique identifier which helps us to know what our users find interesting and useful on our website, almost like a questionnaire. We do not link this information back to other information that you have provided to us. We do not store any information inside cookies.
Website analytics and Social Media Sites
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Communicating with you
We may contact you at your email or other address (including social media pages), which you provide to us in order to:
- provide you with information that may be of interest about Donna Sadzius – Homeopath | Bowen Therapists’ brands, products and special offers and other matters which may interest you; and
- for those of you with an email address, to send you an email newsletter. By registering to receive email newsletters from Donna Sadzius – Homeopath | Bowen Therapist, you consent to be the recipient of commercial and non-commercial electronic messages from Donna Sadzius – Homeopath | Bowen Therapist and its brands.
We will not send you advertising information without first asking you whether you wish to have promotional information sent to you.
Facebook Custom Audience
Personal Data collected: Cookies and email address.
We may share hashed portions of your personal information with certain strategic partners to make our business more responsive to your interests and/or those of like-minded consumers. For example, we may aggregate your email address together with the email addresses of others who use our website or our services, and transmit the hashed data to Facebook for the purpose of creating “Custom Audiences” (where targeted ads are sent to people on Facebook who have already used our services or been to our website). You can opt out of being included in the Custom Audience at https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1415256572060999.
As Facebook controls the display of your ad preferences, please refer to Facebook’s page titled About Facebook Adverts for an explanation on how to adjust your Facebook ad preferences, available at https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/?entry_product=ad_settings_screen.
Opting out of communication
An ‘opt out’ mechanism is offered, so that you may have the opportunity to decide to not receive marketing or promotional information from us. We will remove you from any of our lists that may be used for communication purposes. At any time you may contact the company to ‘opt out’ of any future direct marketing. Additionally on all direct marketing correspondence, the ‘opt out’ mechanism will be made clear. To contact us email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How is personal information disclosed?
Personal information held by us is disclosed by us in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. We will only disclose personal information to a third party where we have your consent, or where the disclosure is permitted or required by law. For example, we may disclose information as follows.
- External providers, such as suppliers, consultants and agents, including
organisations that provide information technology and infrastructure support services
that provide information technology and infrastructure support services.
- Tax, financial, audit and legal advisers.
- Government, regulatory and law enforcement bodies.
Generally, Donna Sadzius – Homeopath | Bowen Therapist will retain your personal information within Australia only and not use or disclose it to other overseas countries.
Security of your personal information
We take precautions including administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse, as well as against unauthorised access, modification, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We protect electronic data using a variety of security measures including password access, data back-up and firewalls.
Keeping personal information up-to-date
We seek to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date and complete. If we are informed that the information it holds is inaccurate, out-of-date or incomplete, we will correct the information or ensure that the amendments or errors are noted.
What do we do with personal information when it is no longer needed?
We destroy personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, or if the law no longer requires us to retain it. We use secure methods to destroy or de-identify the information. We dispose of all hard copy documents and delete electronic information from our systems.
Access and correction
At any time you can advise us of changes to your personal information. You have the right to ask for the personal information held about you and to advise of any inaccuracy. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. Your request must be in writing.
We may ask the reason for your request so we can assist you most effectively. However, you are under no obligation to provide a reason if you do not wish to. We reserve the right to charge a fee for any significant costs incurred by us in providing access to personal information.
Your trust in Healing From Within and our brand is very important to us. If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information Healing From Within is holding about you, you are welcome to request it by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
If at any time you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will change this record. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
We take breaches seriously and has procedures to help identify and resolve a breach, potential breach or complaint as quickly as possible. This includes appropriate escalation processes to the General Counsel and notification processes in the event of a serious breach.
Every complaint is forwarded by the staff member who receives it to the Privacy Officer. You will be notified of the process for dealing with the breach or potential breach. Your complaint will be thoroughly investigated and a suitable resolution negotiated with you.
If you are not satisfied with the resolution of your complaint by us, in Australia you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) (http://www.privacy.gov.au/complaints) who may investigate your complaint.
Our aim is to respond to all enquiries promptly.
For enquiries or feedback about this policy or for complaints about our handling of personal information, please email Donna Sadzius – Homeopath | Bowen Therapist or otherwise you can:
Telephone: +61 0403 011 502
This document was last updated on 1 July 2020.